Manypeople prize a sparkling white smile, but some foods will graduallystain teeth. In addition to many other foods, smoking, soda, wine,and coffee can all alter the color of your teeth. However, teethwhitening can bring back the original whiteness of your teeth. Eitherhydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide can be used to whitenteeth—an oxidation reaction results in the degradation of thestaining agents.
1. Your teeth are porous: Like your skin or a sponge, your teeth have pores. Anything you put in your mouth that is colored will get absorbed into those pores. Strong tooth stains include those caused by smoking, wine, coffee, and dark berries. As a result of these stains, your teeth's natural color gradually darkens over time. They will never go away if you do not get rid of these stains. When teeth whitening gel is adequately made, it penetrates the tooth's pores and forces stains out.
2. The teeth are not harmed by teeth whitening: Abuse in all its forms—including violent teeth brushing—is detrimental. On the other hand, when carried out properly, professional teeth whitening is incredibly safe. Following each whitening procedure, teeth rehydrate and remineralize naturally. Active chemicals are used throughout teeth-whitening to open pores and eliminate stains temporarily.
3. The tooth whitening process requires a delivery system: The bleaching compounds used in most tooth whitening products are the same. The method utilized to retain the whitening agent on the teeth differs. Regardless of whether your teeth are straight, a custom-fitted whitening tray ensures that every angle of every tooth receives a uniform and constant coverage. Fitted whitening trays, as opposed to boil-and-bite trays, whitening strips, and UV lights, remove the possibility of abnormalities and let you maintain your stunning smile.
4. Trays must be used when whitening teeth: Each tooth receives an even amount of whitening solution thanks to bespoke whitening trays. The bleaching agent may be applied unevenly by other applicators, such as boil-and-bite trays and ultraviolet (UV) lights, leading to unevenly colored teeth.
5. Teeth Sensitivity is common: Most Americans—more than 60%—have naturally sensitive teeth. This is typically brought on by genetics, weak enamel, or broken or damaged teeth. Sensitivity during the bleaching process is entirely typical. The teeth temporarily dry out, which lessens their capacity to shield the nerve from temperature changes. After bleaching, the sensitivity goes away 12 to 36 hours later. Hygienists and dentists advise fluoride treatment after teeth whitening to rehydrate and feed the teeth.
6. Laser and UV tooth whitening does not have a lasting effect: UV light's frequency enhances the whitening gel's potency. This process is FDA-approved and can only be carried out under a dentist's supervision. Although it whitens teeth quickly, sensitive teeth sufferers should avoid using it. The process takes a lot of time and money. Additionally, the outcomes must be maintained because they are temporary.
Itis possible to remove a tooth, put on a dental implant, and thenimplant a new set of teeth on the same day. This is known as "teethin a day." Additionally, a complete set of new teeth can beattached to four to six dental implants after many problematic teethare extracted on the same day, placed, and removed.
Teethrestoration is the main focus of the dental specialty known asprosthodontics. Mainly, a dentist prosthodontist in Longmont handles problems involving missing teeth or problemswith the jaw. A dentist prosthodontist in Longmont wouldbe consulted if you required dentures or needed a replacement toothin a toothless area.
Bleachingyour teeth is an easy process. Whitening products often contain oneof the two dental bleaches (hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide) (hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide). These bleaches reducestain intensity and brighten your teeth by dissolving stains intosmaller fragments.
Optionsfor teeth whitening include in-office bleaching, at-home dental-gradeproducts, and over-the-counter (OTC) whiteners. Whitening is secureand efficient when done by the manufacturer's instructions or by adental expert, for example, Teeth Whitening Strips, Custom ToothWhitening, and Teeth Whitening Pen.
Forteeth whitening treatments, it is advised that you visit your dentistonce every three months. This is true even if you haven't noticedyour smile's dullness.
Sothat dental bleaching agents can reach the regions below the surfaceof your teeth, the enamel pores are gradually opened up. About twodays after the whitening operation is finished, the enamel returns toits original form as the pores shut.
Yellowedteeth can frequently be treated using teeth whitening procedures.After treatment with our dentist prosthodontist Longmont, yoursmile will be up to 10 shades brighter. Thanks to our potentformulas, your teeth will shine and be thoroughly stained. Withoutthe waiting time or gum discoloration that comes withover-the-counter drugs, we can assist you in achieving a whitersmile.
The food you can have:
Pasta that lacks color
Grey fish (cod, tilapia, haddock, etc.)
Cereals devoid of synthetic coloring